Cdi Repair? Honda Tlr

honda_trials

I have been asked by a couple of people about getting a CDI repaired, one for a TLR200 Reflex and the other for a TLR250. Does anyone know of a repairer?

A supplementarty question: is there any other CJI readily available that will fit or can be converted?

I am sure somoeon out there has had this problem before!

i doubt its the cdi at fault.i repair motorcycles for a living mainly hondas,i have only put one cdi on a 125 in forty years and that was stolen recorved i think it had been shorted out by idiots messing with wireing. its more than likely its the generator thats at fault.

Thanks Max, the messge I got was:

"I have a TLR250 with broken CDI (not advancing) rendering the bike useless.

I can't find anyone to repair it (some of the wires are broken at the box)."

So I think in this instance it could be the CDI unless you have any other thoughts?

Yes Jim, it could certainly be the CDI as Colin has had one or two TLR Hondas, both 200 and 250 with with failed CDI. Might be worth giving him a call to see if he has a resolution for the problem. I think the chances of getting a new replacement are zero.

Well the chinese CDI seems to work pretty well. I've got a lot of work to do to the bike but I was holding off till I got it running. A guy in New Mexico is sending me an original off a non runner. But I will use the chinese one if it doesnt work. The CDI is hard to diagnose. I checked the new one with my ohm meter it looked just like the one that didn't work.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...