New Need Help...............

m4rt

Hello :D I am a neophyte trials rider

I like riding the bike in the dirt but I find that the rocks, logs, and hills spoil the fun of trials riding to some extent. What do other riders do about these annoying obstacles?

Should I just ignore them? Meaning can one be succesful at this sport if you just avoid the obstacle instead of trying to go over it with the bike.

It does seem rather silly when you think of it, if there is a rock in front of you why go over it when I can just as easly drive around it. Is this purely a lack of training on the person who layes out the trials course that the ribbon is often found right in the path of a rock or something slippery that just makes you put your feet down. All these rocks and things spoil an otherwise great sport not to mention a good days ride.

One would think that in this day and age the trials marshal could come up with a better circuit that has more of a slope to it and less natural challenges. I liken it to all those holes in a golf course spoiling a good walk.

I was thinking of buying a set of shoes that bicycle riders use that snap in to the pegs, that way I can keep my feet on the pegs more as it seems to me that the judges like it when I do not touch the ground, is this legal?

I was told that the local land owner does not like people riding and that if we do not touch the ground we do not leave any footprints on his land basically no witness marks that we where there. That one has me totaly confused as all the ripped up score cards thown into the bushes are a dead give away that trials riders where there.

Which leg is the best to dab with? Meaning I am right handed and automatically dab with the right leg, is this correct?

If I am out riding by myself in the woods and I take a five, is it still a five if there is no one there to see it?

When at a trial I tie the blue ribbon on the left hand grip and red ribbon on the right hand grip. Is this pretty common? If I take the blue ribbon off will it upset the delicate balance of the bike?

I have heard that there is a new tachometer been developed for trials bikes. Apparently one places a small animal in between the spokes and the louder the animal squeels the faster one is going. Which animal is best for this natural tachometer to work?

Is there anything in the trials rules that says one can not have a passenger on board when going through a section. That way I can keep my feet on the pegs and he can put his foot down if need be.

Who is the best person to contact with respect to bribes. I have witnessed several handshakes with the judges palm being greased so to speak.

How does one know the correct amount to TIP the judge?

At my local club I was told that hopping can only be performed

as follows: If you hop to the left you can not hop to the right and vise versa. So my question is can I start hopping and keep going to the left and do a complete 360 which would bring me a right back to where I started from?

My new bike is a four stroke. I was told by a very respected rider/techy guy that a three stroke was the way to go as the new WTC rules were being challenged by the factories and that a compromise between two stroke Vs fourstroke was going to end up in a three stroke model.

If this ruling/compromise goes ahead is there any advantage/diss-advantage to having my bike modified to a three stroke.

Like proffesional soccer players coaches who advise their players not to have any sex the night before a big soccer match, is there any evidence that having sex before a trial is detrimental to one's balance and mental edge :D

Is it true that each year one has to buy a new set of graphics as the same bike is no longer any good in the next session due to the decals changing?

Thanks for all the help.

Ceud Mile F

Edited by M4RT

:wacko:

I do not understand this response to my first posts on this respected web site. I have received nothing but ridicule.

I thought that a community of people that spend their time trying to defeat gravity would at least help another with some basic questions.

I got interested in trials though my local MENSA club where we were doing a study on how trials riders manage to ride a bike in terrain that others fear to tread.

I fear now that the brain on the average rider may not be connected to the feet as we first thought.

The theory we where pursoing was that a trials rider is born with an extra gene that was a throw back to the bronze age.

This came about after looking at several Gas Gas models that were the McDonalds of trials bikes. Many millions served but leaving one only feeling empty after consumption.

And as a reminder Wonder Boy, Gasgastxtpro, your membership is coming up for renewall @ MENSA and we were wondering if you will be renewing with us for the coming year :D

If so please answer the following question:

If you count from 1 to 100, how many 7's will you pass on the way?

10 11 19 20 21

M4RT :D

Guest gasgastxtpro

erm 66 duh :wacko:

I will be renewing of course, i ned help for my serious mental problem which i do not discuss on here as it would only be ridiculed.

And as a reminder Wonder Boy, Gasgastxtpro, your membership is coming up for renewall @ MENSA and we were wondering if you will be renewing with us for the coming year :wacko:

If so please answer the following question:

If you count from 1 to 100, how many 7's will you pass on the way?

10 11 19 20 21

Sorry M4RT but you've made a hell of an assumption with that question considering the intended audience.

If you count from 1 to 100??????

You having a laugh, with just 10 fingers????

Sorry Rich, Gav :D

And as a reminder Wonder Boy, Gasgastxtpro, your membership is coming up for renewall @ MENSA and we were wondering if you will be renewing with us for the coming year :D

WOW i haven't even posted in this topic, M4RT has only posted 4 topics in Trials Central and he knows me already :wacko:

Gavin

Mr Wonder Boy

I am not aware of your prior postings. Your name was forwarded to me by the WTC as a good resource and a sound and valuable member of TC.

May I inquire as to how you got the name "Wonder Boy"?

I was told that it was due to it being a "Wonder" that anyone could comprehend anything that your were speaking about in your postings.

I personaly have no problem in your method of placing down your thoughts as I have young child (6 years old) and she speaks the same mother tounge as you apparently do. You may attend the same day care as the invouluntary key strokes seems rather similiar.

Please enlighten me with some of your famous banterings ;)

And by the way have you ever recovered your "spack" that you seem to have lost?

Regards

M4RT :ph34r:

;)

I do not understand this response to my first posts on this respected web site.  I have received nothing but ridicule.

M4rt,

no you are just as sane as the rest of us.

dont worry, its just that you can type more than 1 line.

Frightens some of the others ere

Just one thing, have you tried talking to thi'sen?

May help. if not try:

www.samaritans.org.uk

I have been told they will listen to any old crap!

:ph34r:

Mr M4rt

As you claim to be a member of MENSA I would have thought you would be able to spell simple words such as;

"tounge", did you mean "tongue"? :P

"invouluntary" did you mean "involuntary"? ;)

"pursoing" , did you mean "pursuing"? :hl:

Etc Etc

Perhaps you should ask your six year old daughter to go over your drivel with you before you click the "add reply" button. :D

Please do'nt come back with a $M4rt@$$ reply as I,m easily upset. :ph34r:

Wallace ;)

PS, Whats a neophyte ?

Edited by wallace

Ah ha Mr Wallace...... I was wondering when you would butt in ;)

You stated................

"Please do'nt come back with a $M4rt@$$ reply as I,m easily upset."

Is "do'nt " short for doughnut :D

And pray tell what is "I,m"? Is that some kind of Tuchtor code :ph34r:

As for my English!!! at MENSA we use the phonetic version of English as it is much faster.

As for your question "PS, Whats a neophyte ? "

Should that not be... What is a neophyte ????

A neophtye is one who is new at something , like you are with English language skills.

I never claimed to have perfect English skills. English is actualy my second language Glaswegian is my first.................

Are you by chance related to the Wallace pie company owners?

Just for clarity the MENSA I am part of is

Massivley Endowed Nude Scorpa Addicts

Mr Wallace, I think you better stick with your day job of cleaning the S@*t

out of the cuckoo's cage at your local jeweller :P

Why did you post a picture of you and your wife as your avatar ;)

Ta the noo............ :D

M4RT :hl:

Edited by M4RT