Dave Cooper Bike Rack Attachment

jonnybmac

I'm hopefully picking a bike up on friday and I'm in a rush to get a tow bar as I can lend a trailer for now but my eyes are on a dave cooper rack for future reference. What sort of mounting is it that they use? From what i understand, you dont need a tow ball as it bolts to where the tow ball usually bolts to.

Would this do? And would I need extra support brackets as though I'm pulling a trailer due to alot of weight being over the bracket?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Towbar-fits-Citr...=item1e58a9b674

Nothing much, contacted Dave? And he explained what I needed and suplied me with added extras just to make sure I wasnt lookign around for stuff once I recieved my tow bar and rack.

Edited by jonnybmac

this should be ok but it will be better with a tow ball aswell, as when you tighten the bolts they may squash the box section the rack is made from. the tow ball will spread the pressure a bit more.

i use a rack frequently on a citroen picasso to carry a twinshock swm and a honda xlr trail bike both have been fine.