2006 250 Scorpa

foulkesy

Hi I currently have a Beta rev 3 and I am looking to upgrade a year or 6.

I have identified a Scorpa 250 near to me which from the pictures looks v clean (I know that they sometimes Lie) .

What type of money should I be looking at and what niggles should I be aware of and checking for when I view.

If it were another Beta I would know!!

Thanks in Advance

Hi

The scorpa sy250 has a reputation of being reliable.

But - the oil sump plug is made of soft material, the head of the plug(bolt) deforms and it (the plug) gets stuck. If you buy the scorpa you should replace the stock plug with a better one, if it has not been done already.

Some guys have had problems with the mid-section of the exhaust splitting, easy enough to weld it up again, not a big problem. The clutch gets stuck if the bike is not used for a while, but frees within seconds when you get the hang of it.

I have had my

That does look good inthe pictures.

There seems to be little in the wat of wear marks on the clutch casing or the swinging arm stickers, it certainly looks like it hasn't done much work. :rotfl:

Being road registered is a bonus, plus you can get it hpi'd to be even more sure.

If it rides as well as it looks,you can't go wrong.I would view it,and take what you're prepared to pay for it with you.Arrange a deal there and bring it home with you,better than than being outbid in the last 15 seconds on ebay,good luck

If it rides as well as it looks,you can't go wrong.I would view it,and take what you're prepared to pay for it with you.Arrange a deal there and bring it home with you,better than than being outbid in the last 15 seconds on ebay,good luck

^ Best Way ^