Higher Bars

johnnyboxer

Looking for some higher bars on my Majesty 175.

Currently it has the 4.5" Domino's that I bought it with. They're too low for my 6'2" frame

I want at least some new bars with 6" lift.

Is it only Renthal that make 6" bars or does anybody else?

Were bars higher than 6" in the 70/80's or is it my imagination?

Can you get 'Vintage Bend'???

I was 6'2" when I rode the Majesty the first time round.

Do you think the trouble could be Vintage non-bend?

I never remember having more than 6" even in those days (oooh er missus), but I think the legs and back were more inclined to bend.

The arms are usually in proportion to the body, so help out a little. Have you checked your arms aren't shrinking?

I have a long back which is maybe better than long legs for this sort of thing. No offence, but your avatar suggests you're in the gangly leg division.

I know I used to put flatter bars on, but my old man preferred the higher ones.

Have you maybe got too much sag at the front end, pushing everything forward? Forks pushed right to the top?

It may not make a big difference , and I don't want to mess up the geometry of your bike, but worth a try for the sake of a few minutes.

An inch and a half does seem a lot, more like how we used to set it up for youth B class along with shorter back shocks.

I don't have my manual with me right now, but the forks should sit about an inch above the top yoke. If you run them at the top of the yoke it will change the steering charactoristics. I put the forks where Yamaha recommends and installed 5.5" Renthal bars. I'm a short guy, 5'8" and it's just about right. When I get around to droping the footpegs 1/2" it ought to be perfect.