Rev 3 Break Down

eiger

Hi

I rode the Fisher today and my 08 270 Rev 3 was running a bit rough and seemed worse when it got hotter and seemed to keep choking up then on the second lap I gave it a good clear out and it just stopped running. On trying to restart it it fired up occasionally but spat back a few times then died again.

My dad said it sounded like the plug had whiskered so I put a new one in but it was the same, I took the plug out and grounded it and when I kicked it over it was sparking. I've looked at other posts but am not sure as it seems it could be down to more than one thing. Does the stator cause this if it packs up or is it more likely to be the black box under the tank?

And are they expensive?

Thanks

Andy

My 06 250 was running great. Stopped the bike, when I went to restart it it back fired every time I tried to kick it over. Checked the plug - no spark. It turned out to be the stator. Those were the symptoms when mine failed. I would like to think an 08 would have a modified stator as it's a well documented problem but I don't know, ring Lampkins they would advise they are usually very helpful. It would be bad show on Betas part if they have not modified it. I was fortunate, my son had an 06 125 at the time and the electrics were the same so I used his stator to prove where the fault was.

When I bought a stator it was about

make sure the woodruff key on the flywheel that hasn't sheared, especially after you cleared it out and it changed

Hi Chris

Thanks, it was the woodruff key after all so thankfully not as expensive as it might have been.

Cheers

Andy :thumbup: