Bashed Pipe?

roel

The kits to blow out dents for MX pipes are still available and work very well but the final cost would probably be as much as a new front pipe for a trials bike. You also need access to a torch to heat the pipe sufficiently - small propane torches don't always generate enough heat, and a compressor. Also, MX front pipes are thinner guage than trials I think and also have a much larger surface area, so may respond better to the blow-out kit.

Mate of mine who is a brilliant fabricator/welder put a similar type of dent in his 315 front pipe. He sorted it by cutting out the dent, shaping a new peice of metal to fit, TIG welding it in and then buffing the welds. Once repainted you could not see the join, no way. But you have to be very good at that to make a good job of it.

Thanks for the info. sounds like a new pipe would be the quickest way to fix it.

One more question Since I just bought this bike, and havent riden it without the dent. How much power is lost by this dent.

thanks