Montesa Cota 4rt

d. sileo

That step at section three seemed like it was ten feet tall! Ishy seemed to have no trouble getting up it. I think I got up it fine but couldn't resist an adrenalin fed panic and subsequent five (on the top) every time. I talked to a few other riders who said that step scared the holy crud outa' them. I'm still trying to figure out how I could have done this. If not for four fives on this section I would have been WAY up the list from where I was. The other sections were all within my capabilities. The only thing I can figure is that I need to practice these more. It's just no the kind of section I would parctice because I find it too frightening. I'm sure alot of this is in my own mind. This type of section is partly why minders were invented. To have a mentor standing up there yelling words of encouragement might just be what's missing. Anyone have any thoughts on this subject? Perhaps I ought to order a Ryan Young video. Is that the secret? Thanks to Ed "Bullfrog" Chesnut for the fine pictures. Jay

I was discussing this section while riding with the lads at Washougal today Jay, come to the conclusion old buggers like us need at least one pucker factor section per trial, or we would soon be riding novice.

This wall looked intimidating but had a perfect run up to it and a good landing if you did get it wrong, the way to get confidence on something like this, is to practice with another rider to catch until you have it dialed, I went at it in third full chat but slipping the clutch until I dumped the clutch about a bike length off the wall.

Also look on the bright side, a lot of the trials world is looking at pictures of Jay Lael, having a crack at a reet rock step. :angry:

I don't know what it is about photo's, but they sure make sections less severe looking that what they seem to be in person. I rode this trial and that step made me chicken out 3 out of four loops. The same thing happens on World Round Videos, when you actually witnessed the sections in person. Maybe we need 3d photo's to get the pucker factor view. :angry:

If there any professional photographers who would like to share some tips to help get more realism for the actions shots, it would be appreciated. (sorry of the original thread topic)

Edited by sideup