Easy Running Problems

scorpaant

Hello all

Over the past week my scorpa has been experiencing running problems. It starts up fine and runs. However once it has been rode for about 5-10 mins (once its warmed up) it start to miss fire and looses all power. I am unsure if it is electrical or fuelage problem. I have removed the stator but that looks okay but i am sending it to get checked over to be sure. Has any body else had this problem? or does anybody might know what it could be?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Ant

thanks for the replies.

I changed the plug which still did not cure it, so i changed the plug again just to make sure it wasnt a faulty plug. Ive also cleaned the carb out numerous times.

Its strange because once the bike cuts out, its starts again without trouble abd rides for 5-10 mins again before it starts to miss, and rev all over the place. I can keep it going but i have to constantly rev it.

I will check the fuel breathers when i get home form work tonight.

Thanks again

I sent my stator away to WCW and they said it was faulty, ive had it re-wound and re-fitted it. However the problem still exists, ive checked the tank brather and everything is okay there. Also 1 of the manifold bolts where loose, ive tightned that buit havent rode it yet.

Anymore ideas people?

thanks

thanks for the replies.

I changed the plug which still did not cure it, so i changed the plug again just to make sure it wasnt a faulty plug. Ive also cleaned the carb out numerous times.

Its strange because once the bike cuts out, its starts again without trouble abd rides for 5-10 mins again before it starts to miss, and rev all over the place. I can keep it going but i have to constantly rev it.

I will check the fuel breathers when i get home form work tonight.

Thanks again

What carb is on it, how long have you had the bike........has it been running well for a while then suddenly crap, did you have an ''off'', before it ran crap, what fuel and mixture are you running, is there a good seal between the carb and the airbox and reed-block, is there a kill switch on it ??????????

A bit to check, but well worth it !

What carb is on it, how long have you had the bike........has it been running well for a while then suddenly crap, did you have an ''off'', before it ran crap, what fuel and mixture are you running, is there a good seal between the carb and the airbox and reed-block, is there a kill switch on it ??????????

A bit to check, but well worth it !

Hi houseape1000

It has a Keihin carb on it, it has been running fine for the last 8 month. I havent fallen off it neither. I am using 1/50 oil ratio as this is what the previous owner ran it on. The seal to the airbox is fine, i need to check the reed block, i havent checked this as yet. There is also a kill switch on it which is working. It feels as tho the bike is running out of petrol.

Thanks for the advice i will give all this a check