A Sherco Maybe?

grahamcota

Hello to you All

Currently I own a Rev 3 250 2004, and have a friend that is selling an 07 sherco 250.Fancy a change, as I am getting a bit tired of the Beta.

Just wanted to know are there any issues with these bikes.

A bit sceptical of buying a brand I know nothing about.Did the same when I bought the beta, only to find stator/cdi and carb problems.

Any info/advice gratefully received

Graham

I recentley purchased a 2007 sherco 290 so i dont loads about them yet, but i was advised to check the dog bone and swingarm bearings for movement. The 2006 had a dodgy shock but this was sorted on the 2007 ones. I would just check the usual things, wheel bearings etc... Dont know much on the 250 thou

yeah, my stator packed in. main bwearings too, had to replace rear wheel bearings and swingarm also :thumbup:

Doesnt relly matter about the make, all bikes brake, your throwing it about into rocks and mud and shale and all sorts, of course they're going to have problems at some point, same as cars. dont know what could happen the next time your out on it

Not many rocks to throw it at in Hampshire. Has it done a lot of work? Is it from down south?

I have not experienced many 'issues' with my 07. The rear suspension dog bone bearings should be kept nice and greasy. If the silencer gets gunged up normally you swap it for a new one -

Micm

Yeah the bike is from down south, Petersfield to be exact.The guy rides in gosport and alton trials as I do(occaisionally), so like you say it wont of seen any big rocks.He bought it new and has owned it since.Not done much work.I have ridden it once, over at privett, and as you say it is very different from the Beta.

Thanks for your input

Graham