Sherco 4t Fan.

vasey15

I've recently fitted a new thermostat to my 08' sherco 4T. Does anybody know from start how long it should take roughly for the fan to kick in. I'm a wee bit wary of leaving it to long and cooking my bike. And If it does not kick in what signs will I notice that it's starting to over heat.

Also while I'm on, just to make sure is their a certain way round the connectors should go on the thermostat? For example, Red to the Right yellow to the left?

Again thanks for any help.

Lee.

Hi Lee:

The yellow wire is on top, or to the right. The red wire is on the bottom. Now is a good time to verify the coolant level. I've found that it can take quite awhile for the fan to kick on.

Run the bike for five-to-ten minutes parked, give it throttle from time to time if you like to break up wait. The fan should come on by the ten minute mark. You can tell if the bike is getting hot if the head pipe starts to glow, plus, it will be throwing off lots of heat, more than you think it normally would.

Mike

The thermo switches are not polarity sensitive, so no issue. They are simply an on/off device at temps, probably on at about 180F or whatever that is in C, bout 90-95 range. This allow one to by-pass them by jumping across the terminals with a wire or such , to assure the fan motor works. If it does not, you have other problems.

The time element all depends upon the temps and running of the bike, and may vary considerably depending upon your conditions and if you are riding and getting natural airflow accross the radiator. ;)