Askew Boots

dixie

Just a word of warning, got a pair of askew trials boots less than a year ago and all the sticking has dissintergrated,and sone of the thin leather has torn, they are pretty much useless.

It may be an isolated case but the old saying goes you get what you pay for.

I dont honestly think any boots fare that well in trials! I opted for the expensive but supposedly good Gaerne oiled boots and found the quality to be pretty poor. The boot leather on one boot is miles worse than the other, tearing and rubbing and generally looking a much older boot. One dries out within a day or 2, the other in a week or so. They still are relatively watertight (except when I fall off in the streams!) but I wouldnt recommend them nor buy another pair! Mine are just over a year old but have had issues from new!

I think we got to face the facts that the sport is pretty hard on footwear and they are basically disposable items but you should see the Citizens Advice Bureau as the goods are obviously not fit for purpose! They are trials boots, not slippers - therefore being used for trials they should last more than a year!

God luck getting them replaced or finding a better boot

i have had wear problems with my alpinestars no-stop's.

stones/rocks/sticks catch the stupid patches and have torn them, on both boots

comfort and support was perfect, perhapps the sole was a little stiff, but the wear and tear was not very good, unimpressed. and they were never waterproof from new.