Gasgas 125 2009

dadof2

Anyone any thoughts on 2009 GasGas 125.

Whats the power like - bottom end or revvy.

Any reliability issues.

Generally on 2006 and newer 125s which are rated best and which have known problems

Cheers

Revy defiantly but I've not been unhappy with the bottom end and I came off a 300. Reliability wise the only thing we had was the known radiator problem and we had the mod done by our dealer before it became a problem. Other than that its been a great bike thats done a whole year of road trials like novagar rounds, the scottish, Isle of Man 2 day, an Adult Expert B Brit Champ round at Brimham Rocks and even did a bit of the Scott before I picked up one to many punctures by being a little to quick. Everybody said it wouldn't cope with me at 11-11 1/2 stone doing so much on it but its been faultless and I'm still on it despite my 2010 one having been sat in the garage since early march. Great bike ;)

Revy defiantly but I've not been unhappy with the bottom end and I came off a 300. Reliability wise the only thing we had was the known radiator problem and we had the mod done by our dealer before it became a problem. Other than that its been a great bike thats done a whole year of road trials like novagar rounds, the scottish, Isle of Man 2 day, an Adult Expert B Brit Champ round at Brimham Rocks and even did a bit of the Scott before I picked up one to many punctures by being a little to quick. Everybody said it wouldn't cope with me at 11-11 1/2 stone doing so much on it but its been faultless and I'm still on it despite my 2010 one having been sat in the garage since early march. Great bike

I think you might just of made a decision for me there billycraig. is yours completely standard or have you done anything too it.

I think you might just of made a decision for me there billycraig. is yours completely standard or have you done anything too it.

As it came from Shirty's apart from a 26mm keihin but I always had a 28mm on my 300's anyway. Was still good with the dellorto and I doubt it makes a noticeable difference in my skill (low) but I just prefer it. Got one on the new one as well.

Thanks billycraig i think i might good down the 125 route, the 300 is a great bike but a bit of a beast at times. my main concern was the longer trials but if it can do the Scottish i cant see me having any problems.

Thanks billycraig i think i might good down the 125 route, the 300 is a great bike but a bit of a beast at times. my main concern was the longer trials but if it can do the Scottish i cant see me having any problems.

No worries mate, I only did it to try and learn a little more technique other than just a heavy right hand. I feel I've definatly improved more in the last year than I have in a long long time (this is the point where lots of people are gonna say I'm still useless ;)) On my 300 Raga club trials were fine and I only realized how out of control I was in Scotland, decided I'd rather have less power and learn to get the most out of it. Got it up a lot of steps and waterfalls at the Victory yesterday that I remember struggling to do on my Raga. Wish I'd had to ride one when I was in the youths, can only remember a certain Mr Lampkin doing it and he did ok for himself. Was poor on the road in Scotland but thats to be expected. Flew over the moors though and just felt right for the sections. Am gonna miss using it next week, being back on a 250 is going to seem incredibly powerful, will be spending the first few days trying to stay on it.

Let me know how you get on with it if you do it.

The downside is they tend to be ridden by serious riders (cos they are the best competition bike) and get the sh*t beaten out of them, I looked at 5 x one yr old examples for my lad and they were all cream crackered as they had been hammered to an inch of their lives, if you are not at national level the beta is a better (softer more forgiving and still very very competant)bet and more "easy use" examples around, however, if you are at national level and you find a good gas gas, go for it, just check uder the skid plate where the frame acts as the skid if stressed / rough it has been hammered, remember, plastics and wheels are easily changed, as are crank and frame covers wich will have had after market covers fitted. Also check how many wheel and steering bearings it has been thro (if the seller will tell you honestly).

HTH

John