Beta Rev 4 No Spark........ Help !

jsp

started a trial yesterday and rode for just over an hour when my bike just died, it did this a coulpe of weeks ago and the only way

to start it was to bump it off. this time it wouldnt even bump off, went back to the van took the plug out and no spark, disconected

the kill switch and still nothing. so i came home, which was a shame as i was really enjoying the sections.

where do i start ?

thanks

jsp

Even though you mentioned the kill switch...... I'd bin the Beta kill and light switches. I have heard bad vibes about them when the lights were on (or off - can't remember)!!

New plug needed? 0.6mm gap on an NGK Iridium plug.

I read somewhere of a replaced stator due to poor running.... do a search of this site.

Coils can die and are cheeper than stators

i would try disconnecting the kill switch and then check for a spark if that doesnt produce one then check for power going into the coil.. if there is power then its the coil.. if there isnt it gets more expensive!

Edited by kevhenson

tried a rev3 coil on yesterday and it started second kick, put my old coil back on and it started first kick,

i wonder if it was a bad earth and the coil, only time will tell

jsp