M199a Clutch Vent Hose

sherpina

Hello all- I am new here and have a question. On the fill plug for the clutch cover there is a hose that runs up towards the top of the head. Mine likes to spew oil out of that hose and makes a mess. Has anyone else encountered this? My manual says 300cc of oil in the clutch side (maybe that's too much?). The only other thing I can think of is maybe the crank seal is letting pressure from the crankcase in. The bike runs beautiful and always starts easy. I was thinking of adding some sort of foam breather to the top of the hose. Any help would be appreciated. Also another quick question- is the model 199A supposed to have an aluminum skidplate? Mine has a steel one.

300cc is correct and yes they do spew oil out of the vent as mine does the same. Presumably it gets thrown of the basket/chain. You can put a much longer hose on it so the oil never gets to the end. I have thought about moving it out of the throw of the chain but the longer hose seems to work for now.

Yes 300cc is correct - TQF is best

Make sure breather pipe is long enough to wedge in between fins - between head and top cylinder

All Bultaco with solid sump plates were alloy or alloy based - steel was only on the mesh type sump plates up to & inc 78