Evo Wheel Leaking Air.

betabonkers

Is anyone else having problems with the rear wheel leaking air through the spokes, its done it since new and ive tried everything to seal it , im banging my head against the wall now, this is my 8th beta and im really thinking of changing it for a gasser.

Is anyone else having problems with the rear wheel leaking air through the spokes, its done it since new and ive tried everything to seal it , im banging my head against the wall now, this is my 8th beta and im really thinking of changing it for a gasser.

Don't bother mate - I was talking to someone at a trial a few weeks ago with the same problem and that was a gasser.

hi there take off wheel then tyre clean rubber band and inner wheel dry with hair drier be carefull not to unseat rim tape buy some sekoflex and squeese between rim tape and wheel do not fit tyre back on for 2 days it takes ages to dry also good idea to where dispoable gloves this stuff is a nightmare to get off hands guaranteed to work done it around a dozen times and its never failed ps do not do a pee wilst fixing the rim for obvious reasons hope this helps gary

I cant believe you would trade your bike off over a leaking rear tire. :rolleyes: Dont use silicone or any kind of sealant. Why? Because when it starts leaking again you will have a mess to clean up that will make you want to trade your bike for another. Simply disassemble your wheel and remove and clean the rimband and rim with dish soap. After a thourough cleaning use a product called Ru-glyde. It's designed for mounting tires. It is slippery and drys quick so you can reset the rimband and install the tire in a short amount of time. Use the lube on the tire mount too. After completing this process you will have a wheel that will hold air for more than a month.

Edited by Liviob

I cant believe you would trade your bike off over a leaking rear tire. :rolleyes: Dont use silicone or any kind of sealant. Why? Because when it starts leaking again you will have a mess to clean up that will make you want to trade your bike for another. Simply disassemble your wheel and remove and clean the rimband and rim with dish soap. After a thourough cleaning use a product called Ru-glyde. It's designed for mounting tires. It is slippery and drys quick so you can reset the rimband and install the tire in a short amount of time. Use the lube on the tire mount too. After completing this process you will have a wheel that will hold air for more than a month.

I must of tried at least ten times to seal it and i cant be dealing with it no more. :o