Fitting A Kill Switch

mikee

Ok i would like to fit a after market kill switch and remove the front light and handle bar lighting switch.

What wires do i connect to ????

Also i would like to take the mapping switch off. If i unplug the wires what map would this leave me with ????

The bike is a 08 320 4t

Edited by MIKEE

When I took the lights off my 3.2 I used the wiring harness kit from Ryan Young Products, and I used a kill switch that I bought from him. The kit came with the instructions. Here is a link to the instructions and it shows the wiring harness used - you could make your own if you have wire and connectors.

http://www.sherco.com/wayne/Wiring_installation.pdf

I have kept the switch on for the two ignition maps - but I honestly don't use it. If you want to remove it you will have to cut the wires and connect one of the two map wires to the third wire. The wire you choose will determine which Map you retain.

There is only two wires in the factory kill switch. One coming from the CDI and the other is connected to the frame (earth). When map one is selected the wires are not connected. When map 2 is selected the wires are connected. So.....when removing the factory switch (one wire is quickplugconnected to a wire coming from the CDI and the other is screwed onto the frame under the tank) the switch position is set to map 1. When map 2 is preferred to be the standard map, then connect the wire coming from the CDI straigt to the frame (earth).

Excuse my english.......i am dutch.

Kind regards,

Johan Geugies

Edited by johangeugies