2010 Shock Adj

tryalscody

Hello, Im a week away from nationals and I am not fully happy with my rear end, since Ive always rode Scorpa before this I dont know the way to adj the Sherco back susp. I was the rebound to slow down, when I splatter I feel like the shock dosent obsorbe enough and I get bounced at the top of the ledge. Can anyone help?? what should I do ?? Its a 2010 Sherco 290

Edited by tryalscody

The Ole rear damper should be adjustable with a small screw in the side body of the damper. Out is less damping and in is more - at least on my older Ole Sherco shock.

Scorpas had quite a well designed rear shock layout. I believe the jury is still out on the new Sherco suspension/gas tank design tho' the front end lightness and forks are mentioned favourably in tests.

"Hello, Im a week away from nationals and I am not fully happy with my rear end, since Ive always rode Scorpa"

Mmm ..... was you boyfreind happy with your rear end when you rode another type of bike?

Just ignore him and his comments, maybe another will like your rear end. ^_^

How much do you weigh? Possibly out of the weight range of the spring?

Have you tried more spring preload?

More rebound damping.

Less tire air pressure?

Maybe you need more high speed compression dialed into the shock?

Checked with Ryan Young?

Edited by Liviob

So for me to slow the rebound down I have to adj for the damping to be slower which means Id turn the screw what way?? I weigh 149, and I ride expert so the suspen gets a work out, Its my first time with a sherco so I just want to make sure Im doing it rite.

No matter the orientation of the screw turning it out will always provide less dampning making the back end more lively.

The direction will always be counter clockwise.

Hope this helps.

At least you have a good sense of humour!

If this does not work try calling the PH, 800 hotline they are used to helping people with rear end problems.

Cheers.

BillyT

Your little screw thingie should effect both compression and rebound damping, you can bounce the rear statically to judge a bit of difference. I cannot recall for sure where the screw is located on the new ones, as I think it has changed from my older bike. Ryan should be able to tell you quick enough. Two or three clicks usually make a difference, fine tune from there.

I think you are correct in that they will come set quicker than the Scorpa you may be accustomed to, yet many seem to prefer that, all choice here and you can change later, but main thing is to just simply adapt to the bike and may take a bit of time and practice, but the better you are the more quickly you adapt mentally.

Billy has a bit of this same problem on his new 4T Beta.

And this is the same fellow asking about a 4T Beta!

I suppose the dead business must be UP! :rolleyes:

lol i fitted it to my bike to see if it fitted a 2010 after conflicting evidence. my friend now has it on hes sherco and its lovely. i rode an evo 4t beta and can hapilly say it was flat as a pankake. the new sherco power is lovely, even more so ow it has an s3 ti pipe fitted.