Tlr200 Carb Advice

scooterspal

I would just run a short section of hose on each port and not connect them together.

The two side ports are just vents. They will work with nothing attached. However, a piece of 4 or 6" tubing will make it a little harder for dirt to find its way in. The only time they will give you trouble is if they are not vented to air... like if they were plugged. The port in the middle will just be an overflow for the float bowl. A short tube will work there also.

Looking at your diagram link, there are a lot of connectors and tubes. I don't really remember but the Reflex may have come with some type of vapor recovery system for smog reasons. If it did, some of these tubes may have been routed to a charcoal canister which then routed to the air cleaner. This would all just be smog stuff and not required for off road.

On the TL125, those vent ports had brass tubes with tiny holes for breathing, just like the picture at

http://www.vintage-japanese-motorcycles.co...carburetor.html

If you want a shifter with spring loaded tip, an aftermarket shifter for an XR100 will fit. The XR100 air filter element will also fit. A '90 XR100 front brake cable is a few inches shorter and gives a slightly better feel than the original Reflex cable.

Edited by mcman56

I would just run a short section of hose on each port and not connect them together.

That was the answer I was looking for. Thanks!

Looking at your diagram link, there are a lot of connectors and tubes. I don't really remember but the Reflex may have come with some type of vapor recovery system for smog reasons.

Yes, this was originally a California bike and had the emissions system you speak of. It is now all removed.

If you want a shifter with spring loaded tip, an aftermarket shifter for an XR100 will fit.

I will do that... but why the linkage in the first place?