Marseille Results

cota kid

The results are posted on www.worldtrials.info

1 Raga 14

2 Lampkin 18

3 Cabestany 23

Sounds an exicting one, went to the final section.

Now thats a better result for Doug considering this is his second indoor event on the 4rt. Has his bike got a different exhaust manifold to the standard machine? (see pics www.worldtrialsinfo.com).

Thinking about that 4-stroke v 2-stroke topic. If the 4rt can go head to head with the 2-strokes at this early stage in its development, this is one hell of an acheivement. Keeping the 2-strokes alive will force the 4-stroke technology development to multipy year on year. Hopefully (and i'm stressing this) noise of the 4-stokes will be kept to a minimum.

Indoor trials = Lots of grip.

Indoor trials = Angles + obstacles + Drops = balls to the wall riding style.

Controlled enviornment. ;)

Natural trials = little or no grip

Natural trials = slippery banks, hill climbs, slick rocks, slippy logs. running water = technique, reading a section, letting someone else go first to knock the snot of the rock, clutch control etc.

Rain, snow, sand, mud, water, wood. :(

No real venue contest yet 2 Vs 4 stroke.

Lets get them out in the real world before we judge. :o

Stadiums trials is not the venue to judge a 4 stroke debut.

Let the outdoor games begin ;)

BillyT :)

Edited by BillyT

To get the thumper on the podium (and battle it all the way to the last section) is an incredible achievement. For those that said Doug had lost the fire - think again!! Whilst Raga has to be bookies favourite again this year, if Doug can finish top three on the new bike at the end of the Championship, I reckon he'll consider it a job well done.

One question thats been bugging me since Sheffield. Crosser and the other guy (apologies - can't remember your name!) on commentary kept talking about how the 4RT boys were still riding the bikes like a 2-stroke. Having sat and studied some of the sections (both in Sheffield and on the telly), what baffles me is, how ELSE could the guys have ridden the bikes? If you've got a 6' step with a bike-and-half run at it, how else do you ride the bike other than wind it wide open and drop the clutch?

I know 4-strokes have much more torque and rev out lower, but ultimately its got to be the layout of the section that determines to a great degree how to ride them.

I might be being thick or misunderstanding the point they were trying to make, but how COULD you ride the 4 stroke differently to the 2 stroke?

Cheers

KB.

Do we really know that the 4 strokes have more torque? One thing that I noticed watching Sheffield vid was Fuji struglling on the incline (60 degree or whatever). As he hopped the bike he managed to get a few revs on, but every time the rear wheel touched it just seemed to sap the power immediately.

That seemed to be what happened to the two 4rT's I saw in the Vic Britain, when they jumped out of the river then the back wheels hit and immediately stalled. Noticed that because both bikes did exactly the same one after the other.

When Raga went up the 4 big steps (sleepers), I just couldn't imagine the 4 strokes having that blip of power needed precisely when the back wheel clips each step. Unfortunately they didn't get that far so we didn't find out.

DO the figures say they've got any torque. Anybody in the know - how does it bear out in reality?

Edited by bikespace

I keep hearing they have more torque. Lot's of torque.

The 4 strokes do not have MORE torque.

Or at least the 4rt doesn't compared to the 315.

Honda's own brochure shows it in the dyno picture.

It has more HP but 2000 rpm higher.

Less torque but wider spread.

Not as sharp torque curve( flatter) gives them good traction.

Now when Sherco said they needed more cc's to get the same torque

ppl say that it's not needed. But to get Equal torque to the 2 stroke

it had to go to 317cc's

post-15-1106529149.jpg

Ahhhh - facts instead of my unfounded ramblings :wall:

I reckon those lines are even further apart though.

What do you reckon? Honda managed to get this comparison by running the 315 on diesel for a bit. How does the 315 compare to other bikes (I really have no idea - we have a shortage of 315's in this area, and I've never ridden one)

No 'y' axis on the graph so they don't have to justify it too much.

It was noticable anyway that the torque wasn't there.