Darlington Club Trial At Oxnop

taff_d

The Darlington club are holding a trial this Sunday at Oxnop near Gunnerside in the dales, I have never ridden with them before but I have heard most trials out in the dales are tough ones ? I'm a complete novice and would love to ride but I don't want to get in above my head and not enjoy the day.

Anyone ridden here before ?

Edited by Taff_d

I will be involved with marking this trial out. There will be 3 courses, Hard, green, & clubman. The course is laid out in open moorland with becks and ravines. Between the last 4 sections this can be reasonably challenging, but we will be marking out on the gentler side as as the old saying goes you make more friends with an easy trial than a hard one! By the way will you be bringing any observers?! (You've got to push your luck now and again! :mellow: )

If thats one of your easier trials I would hate to see what a difficult trial would be like. :crying:

Far to hard for a me, fell off in section 4 hurt myself and retired from the trial but carried on and rode the full lap with my mate.

Cracking venue and a challenging ride round, pity about the weather.

Edited by Taff_d

Hi - it was tough going but you did the right thing to miss the sections and just have a ride round.

I did the same on my first trial earlier this year, I'm very much still learning but just try to get use to controlling the bike and balancing,

Get as much bike time as possible, try to find a place to practice and don't get put off - it's a great sport