Newbie With Some Simple Questions Please Help

craigg

hi everyone im new to trials bikes and have a few questions. i have just got a gas gas jtr 270cc (1996)

1st question / what oil to fuel mixture do i use

2nd question / there is a small window just above my rear break lever (is that the gear box oil window if so should it show up half full ???)

3rd question / taking the bike out for the first time tommorow iv had motocross bikes but were do i start with trials ie how to balance properly and what gear should i be in and when?

thanks for reading hope to here some replys

Hi

I ran my mixture at 60 ml per 4 litres of fuel.

You should be able to see the oil level half way up the window.

Balance, WELL i've been trying that for 30 years but it seems i need one of those bands on my wrist.

As for what gear, you just need to ride it and find out what suits you best, enjoy your Gas Gas.

Edited by rev3

Hi

I ran my mixture at 60 ml per 4 litres of fuel.

You should be able to see the oil level half way up the window.

Balance, WELL i've been trying that for 30 years but it seems i need one of those bands on my wrist.

As for what gear, you just need to ride it and find out what suits you best, enjoy your Gas Gas.

dosnt seem to be any oil in (is the gear box oil clear) also how do you top it up

thanks

I cant remember how to fill it up, last time i had a GG was late 90's and if i remember rightly i had to fill it up through the level plug, as for colour it depends on what the previous owner put in it.

A lot of people seem to use ATF now.

Edited by rev3

How to ride trials ..not a small question.... probably best to look up y tube or various training dvds there was a good book years ago by Lane Leavit very good for basics which is all most of us need.