Beta Rev 3 With Leonelli Ignition

l14muu85

Hello i am having a nightmare with my beta rev 3 2006 250 my bike packed up no spark

I have tried plug coil all ok then i went to check stator and found out that my bike has a leonelli ignition stator flywheel and cdi.

i cant get it fixed from any in uk because it has diodes in it ( west coast windings said that) I sent every thing to bradford ignitions in spain and they tested and said stator is fine i need cdi so i bought in cdi and got it all sent back fitted to bike still no spark all the wiring is ok and plug connections are good any one had any experince with this system would i be able to just fit a sherco system and turn the wires round from the stator as its on the opposite side of engine any help would be great been messing about with this for 2 months now.

i had the same though about using a sherco stator .... cant be done at the flywheel rotates the wrong way therefore the diode would be on the wrong way round.

i would start by double checking all the earth points.

check for a break in the HT lead to the spark plug

disconnect the kill switch and then the fan and any other electrical stuff like lights.

check the regulator and rectifier then the coil

(good idear to find someone to swap parts about on there bike then you can sort out what part is faulty)

all the best

Edited by nevilletanner