Pilot Jetting

steveplum

If it is still hunting badly enough you need to apply choke to settle things, there is likely another problem.

Insure fuel is flowing properly and tank vent is clear.

Even with the 33 and the screw out at 3,5 or 4, I would at least think it would be stable.

I had to put seals in the '07, so I am having doubts about their ability to hold out against the alcohol laced fuel for more than 2-3 years.

Thanks copemech I guess I'll have to investigate the crankseals for leaking. Is this a hard job to do and/or expensive?

Oh forgot to say I guess my bike would act the same with my bro's carb on just a quicker fault finding method if it is the crankshaft seals?

Edited by steveplum

Thanks copemech I guess I'll have to investigate the crankseals for leaking. Is this a hard job to do and/or expensive?

Oh forgot to say I guess my bike would act the same with my bro's carb on just a quicker fault finding method if it is the crankshaft seals?

Not going to hurt nothing just swapping carbys. If yoours is good as you say, should run fine on his and visavie.

Changing the seals is not that difficult, but must strip the mag and clutch sides, yet no case splitting here as they come out the sides.

Let us know how you get on with the spray testing on the mag side, and or also ck the case vent tube(under carb inlet) for pressure/vacume changes on the clutch side. I do this the old fashoned way, cleaning te hose end and sticking in mouth to detect subtile changes. Simple enough.

Let us know how you get on. There are other issues in the threads about this as well. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I went to another trial last week 28 aug and when i started it, it was hunting again then i remembered that when i had it in for a service at a bike shop a couple of years ago the guy there did the fuel valve mod. Anyway it used to hunt when the tap was in the ON position but used to run fine in the RESERVE position so i've run it in the RESERVE position ever since then with no probs. (This is getting lengthy) At this trial 28 aug i put the tap in the RESERVE position at it ran fine until the 3rd lap where it started hunting again.

After the trial I was going to strip the bike down after washing it then swap the carbs from my bro's bike but then noticed his was a PBHL 28 and mines a 26, not sure if this would make any difference, so didnt bother. My girlfriend said to start it up after I washed it to which i said "it would run the same and i'd still have to clean the carb and check for leaky seals" like copemech suggested.

I started the bike and what would you know it was running fine left it running for about 15 mins and it was still running fine.

I did another trial yesterday and it was still running fine so i've taken the view of if it aint broke dont fix it.