Fan Not Coming On My Raga 300

thomastomsk

hi there been out and bike got hot,fan did not come on,got home and tryed the fan connected to a 12 volt battery and works fine,,try to loop the fan for it to stay on all the time but could not do it,the wires from the thermostat went to earth and then to a white wire so i tryed to connect them but could not get the fan to stay on any info on this,,,also if it is a faulty thermostat how do you go about replacing it ,,,the bikes a 2007 txt pro 300 raga,,,thanks tom

I had the same problem on my 07 250. If yours has a Ducati ignition you should check the aluminum finned box mounted at the steering head. If the green insulation on the back side has brown burn marks you will need to replace it. If you have a Kokusan ignition there is a small, less expensive part to replace. Not sure where that is. The thermostat is hidden in the upper right corner of the radiator. My first symptom was overheating, then erratic fan, then no fan.

Before going that far I'd check the thermostat is working. A multimeter or continuity (buzzer) should do it or a bulb some wire and a battery. When the bike is hot the contact should be made.

I think it was before 2007 but GG did suggest changing out some thermostats in the past due to problems. The suggested solution was an in-line unit in the top hose.

tryed the fan on a 12 volt battery,worked,tryed bypassing thormostat,not working,change thermostat and fan module,,working ,,,,great turned out to be the fan module,,,,what a pig to change the thermostat,,though ..are the spanish trying to take the p*** or what,,,i left the bye pass cable for the thermostat stiil connected to earth so if there was a thermostat failer in the future its just a quick change from the white wire off the thermostat to the loop wire ,job done ,,thanks for all the help,,tom