Powder Coating

spokes

Has anybody got any experience of Powder coating Alloy rims ?

I'm thinking of black anodising but a mate did it and we found that it really showed up even the tinyest of dinks on the rims.

Just a bit concerned that the 200 degrees temp that needed to cure the powder coatin may distort the unspoked rim ?

I know that hubs can be done but they are a more solid structure.

The temperature will be fine Spokes and will not bother them!! We have done lots of alloy bits and bobs for Duncan Mcdonald (ie MR PACE cycles) and so confirmed the acceptability of pc on ally. If you are going to badly scrape yer rims it wont matter what coating you put on yer rims albeit anodising,pcoating or titanium plating. If you hit the rim hard enough then it is going to damage the integrity of the rim!!

We are currently running 2 bikes with black rims at the moment one anodised and the other powder coated and in all honesty the powdered rims still look the best!!

Hey we do ally bits for the WSB and BSB in PC so if its good enough for them........

Thanks Marky

Now all I need to do is find some red Spoke nipples !

Black hubs and rims with red nipples

I really want Silver Plastics on the bike.

Its an 02 200 pro. GG say that if I want to buy new plastics for the bike then they will have to be 03 spec and I will also need to fit the updated airbox !