Help-engine Problem

chantalbc

Hi I need some help with my Beta Rev 2007. The bike was running fantastic but I blew out the fork and it took a while to get fixed. The bike sat for a little under a month and I just noticed that the fuel was left on...

It started on the 5 kick with the choke on...with the trottle revin it feels good....but when I slow down and put around 2nd or 3rd gear in idle mode..aka low to no trottle the bike lurches quite a bit...worries me if it will do this when I am descending steep stuff...

What causes the lurching at low to no trottle and how do I fix it

THANKS

PS...the clutch is working fine and but same thing with the clutch oulled the engine revs high low high low ...strange

Edited by chantalbc

Sounds lean, pull the carb and clean the jets. Fresh fuel may help if you're using pump gas because the current fuels have a somewhat limited shelf life.

One other thing to consider is if you're where it gets cold the temperature can make the mixture leaner too but this usually is a minor loss of power rather then the hunting of a lean engine.

Edited by Dan Williams