more power needed

guernseylad

hi have been riding trials ten years in guernsey and need a bit of advice as far as bike tuning goes i have a gas gas 125 08 , im 6ft 1 14 stone as you can amangine its hard work for me and the bike :wacko: on sections i ride clubman sections and are looking to move to expert but are not confident enough with the bike, power wise what i mean is bottom end torque i ride 9t front 48rear that made a big differance i wonder if differnt reeds and pipe might help i can really afford a new bike right now so cant get 250 so ride what i got any advice is welcome.

cheers neil

hi have been riding trials ten years in guernsey and need a bit of advice as far as bike tuning goes i have a gas gas 125 08 , im 6ft 1 14 stone as you can amangine its hard work for me and the bike :wacko: on sections i ride clubman sections and are looking to move to expert but are not confident enough with the bike, power wise what i mean is bottom end torque i ride 9t front 48rear that made a big differance i wonder if differnt reeds and pipe might help i can really afford a new bike right now so cant get 250 so ride what i got any advice is welcome.

cheers neil

Have you thought about converting the bike to a 225 that means fitting a 250 barrel and piston I think it cost around

Yes a 225 kit would be a great choice but for a lot less money I have another suggestion.

I have an 08 racing 125 and my son rides a 09 Raga 125 with a 225 kit and S3 head,I weigh approx 200 lbs [11-12 stone}. I put a OKO 24mm carb,Raga manifold and a flywheeel weight on the Racing 125 and it totally transformed the bike. The bike has more power everywhere, it will pull second gear in places where it never would before.Jitse makes a carb adaptor that is considerably cheaper that the Raga manifold set up, I paid $70.00 for the carb so its cheap enough.

As far as the 225 kit goes I think that the Keihn carb is overkill, On our bike the Delorto has plenty of power. When I get the bike next spring I'm going the detune it to smooth it out[black throttle tube,thicker base gasket or low comp. head insert] we alresdy have the flywheel weight on it.

Edited by spinner