Source for Silent-bloc swingarm bushings

gasahat

Hello I am trying to find a source for bushings for my three Dalesmans. One 71 Mx Lynx and two Enduros.I have tried numerous places and have run out of ideas.Can provide piccs and dimensions. I am sure these were probably common to other bikes as well. Any ideas?

Some of the new Chinese bikes on the market use them and you may be lucky and find that the parts are the same size as you are looking for, try ebay.There is also an Indian company on the net called mekeen .com that advertise silent block bushes. However when I was replacing the ones on my Beamish I found it was just as easy to get some bushes made out of nylon, while they are not the same as standard they do the same job and have the advantage of not rusting into the swinging arm. Mine took rather a lot of persuasion with a blowtorch, chisel, dremel multi and a selection of hammers. Hope this helps

I have a question about the remounting of the axle for the swingarm. How much do I thighten it? To a specific torque or just as much as it moves freely?

It's a SWM and I'm pretty sure that the 'bearings' for the swingarm are some 'rubber-thingies' like silent blocs. The center-bushing of them seems to be a little bit wider than the outer bushing (with the rubber inbetween).