Big Thankyou

arnsabob

Hi, just a quick note to say thank you to everyone who offered help and encouragement to me at the Lakes Two day this weekend.

I had an unfortunate "off" in i think section four or five on Saturday, resulting in me landing mouth first onto a big pointy rock! (some may say with a mouth this big, how could it have hit anywhere else?) The level of concern from both competitors and general public was truly moving and i would especially like to thank the lady who dashed off to her car and brought me water and tissues, it really was greatly appreciated.

Absoutley fantastic trial and despite being well outside my ability, was not the cause of my injury, just an awkward fall that could have happened anywhere! I did manage to finish both days, which was my main target!

I did call at A&E back at York on Sun evening and spent over an hour with a surgeon trying to repair my mouth, i had ripped the lip from the gum exposing the bone and the teeth roots all along the bottom, so yes Ladies, i should have listened to you all and have had it looked at!

Many many thanks again,

Pete Slater (69)

Ouch, that sounds very painful. :shutup:

Hope you are feeling better now

Yes, a bit better thanks Jon, Still very tender though! Worst part of weekend though, i hit a rock on the last corner of the last section on Sun and smashed clutch casing! got out of section ok just a little short of oil! not a big issue? Not one in country apparently!so no trials this weekend.....