Sherco 250 04

stilly

Since it seems to be effecting all gears, my guess would be it took a hard lick to the lever and shaft and has damaged the ratchet mechanism on the end that drives the shift drum.

Easy enough fix, but requires disassembly of the clutch side. :rolleyes:

Bike still runs sweet, changes gear ok finds neutral perfect the track I built with stream sections and logs to get over some steep hills, I can only sometimes get into third needing fifth is not a problem at the moment, think I will enjoy the bike for now as I have just got it.

Since it seems to be effecting all gears, my guess would be it took a hard lick to the lever and shaft and has damaged the ratchet mechanism on the end that drives the shift drum.

Easy enough fix, but requires disassembly of the clutch side. :rolleyes:

Since it affects all the gears, I agree with Copey (jeez, never thought I'd say that).

Check the racheting mechanism, especially the spring that puts tension on the roller

that drops into the slot between the points of the "star" on the end of the shift drum.

The roller locks the transmission in each gear.

Jon

Yeh I Defo need to get the gears sorted seems like my clutch slips in 4th when you give it a fist full, I have just put new friction plates in and new oil any ideas what to do next,

Check the clearance at the adjustment screw on the clutch lever. Not sure if the Sherco uses an "indexed" pressure plate like the early GasGas (mark on the pressure plate lines up with mark on spring tower).

Jon