TLR200 Control Levers

esteve

What are anybody's preference for aftermarket control levers? I had a pair of SM budget levers that I bought for a Cub and tried those but the hole in the lever for the nipple is much larger and the OEM Honda front brake cable is thicker than the slot in the cable adjuster. I could just stick with the original honda items but replacing them if I break them might not be strightforward.

Do Domino levers work with the OEM Honda cables ?

I searched the other forums and somebody recommended Suzuki RM80X levers for a Yamaha as they are readily available. In terms of cable diameter and nipple size does Yamaha=Japanese=Honda regarding compatability?

Thankyou in advance.

Do Domino levers work with the OEM Honda cables ?

Yes Dominos work with Honda cables, also BVM budget levers work as well. Put the original Honda levers in stock for emergencies or on ebay, some idiots are paying big money for some parts..... :chairfall:

Edited by bo drinker

• 2 months later...

I looked at Domino levers; the hole in the lever for the nipple is 10mm vs the Honda cable nipple = 8mm

I also looked at Amal alloy (pattern) levers, like OEM Bultaco levers; the hole in those is 10.5mm

On the plus side the slots in the cable adjusters of the Domino and the Amal (Pattern) levers are 2.9mm so the 2.5mm Honda brake cable fits.

Do Domino do a lever with an 8mm hole ?