2009 Evo Frame & S/arm's

steve

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me if John Lampkin is still replacing cracked frames and swinging arms on 2009 bikes. If so do you know how long for?

I am looking to buy an Evo and not sure which bike to go for? I am concerned that if I buy a 2009 model that hasn't had the frame replaced it perhaps won't be long before it cracks.

I was going to wait to buy a tidy 2010 or even a new 2011 but now have plans for a Twinshock bike aswell!! The lesser cost of a 2009 would enable me to get both bikes.

Thanks,

Steve.

Edited by steve

why noy give em a ring on monday speak to john and ask if there is an issue and if there is a recall or whether he will replace if/ when it breaks.. then you'll have a full and honest answer

I did actually try to ring them on Friday afternoon (it's the obvious thing to do) but I had just missed them, I was interested in looking at a bike today and wondered if anyone on here knew.

There has been much discussion on here about the faults, there is no question about sorting bikes under warranty, some of the bikes would be 2 years old now.

Hi, I was in the same boat as yourself in august this year and had a choice of a mint 09 evo or a hammered 2010 evo but again had reservations about the cracked frames and swinging arms on the 09 model. So I spoke to lampkins and they advised at the time that they would swap the frame or the swinging arm free of charge. This means you would have to strip the bike down and refit the replacement part yourself but I felt confident enough to go ahead with buying the 09 bike which hasn't missed a beat and I love it. Hope this helps!