2002 250 Pro Rear Brake Hose Routing

raygrilli

I've just removed and replaced the engine in my 2002 250 Pro and I'm not sure I've got the brake hose routing correct where it comes out of the master cylinder and bends round to go through the swing arm. Should the hose go from the master cylinder and then wrap underneath the brake pedal before moving inboard and going into the swing arm, or should the hose come down from the m/c and then wrap around inboard of the brake pedal and then go into the swing arm?

I've currently got it running with the later of these two options as this is the only one I seem to able to get the hose to achieve, but it causes the hose to be slightly sandwiched beteen the pedal and the swing arm at full rear suspension droop, which will either potentially sqaush the hose or put the rear brake on when I'm not expecting it.

If possible would someone mind taking a look at their bike and let me know which way the hose goes, or maybe even try and get a shot of how it is so that I can hopefully get my routing correct.

Cheers,

Ray Grilli

If possible would someone mind taking a look at their bike and let me know which way the hose goes, or maybe even try and get a shot of how it is so that I can hopefully get my routing correct.

Cheers,

Ray Grilli

Ray,

I have an 02' 280 and took a shot of the hose that might help (it's kinda cramped in there...). As you can see, it curves down behind the shock and then goes into the swingarm hollow to the caliper.

Jon

post-2532-073745400 1289862520.jpg

Cheers for that. That's a completely different routing to mine at the moment (just got the bike). My hose currently goes straight down parallel to the brake pedal push rod and then takes a very awkward curve between brake pedal and swing arm. I'll se if i can get mine to take your route as it looks much better.

Cheers,

Ray