Front fork adjusters

marius

Hi Everybody,

I would just like to find out your opinion on the following:

I bought a brand new 2010 TXT 300 Pro about a month ago and was checking the compression and rebound adjusters on the front forks last night.

I have noticed that they are both turned right down to the softest settings on both the compression and rebound.

Is this the standard factory setting? Are they supposed to be both set to the softest setting? Or has someone at the dealer where I bought it may be set it that way?

I know I am suppose to set it up for my own weight and riding style but was just wondering why they are both set to the softest settings.

Please can someone advise?

Mine were all the way out as well so I think it must be set like that by the factory, as I got my bike out the crate. I quite liked it, but had to put a bit more compression and rebound damping when I went to stronger springs.

Mine were all the way out as well so I think it must be set like that by the factory, as I got my bike out the crate. I quite liked it, but had to put a bit more compression and rebound damping when I went to stronger springs.

From what I've seen, they come backed off (it helps with assembly and adjustment of the fork internals

at the factory).

When increasing spring rate, you usually want to go "decrease" on compression and "increase" on rebound,

all other factors being equal.

Jon