Barnsley trial (dovecliffe)

nath15804

Hi all,

Rode in the "novice and beginner" trial today at dovecliffe, i decided to ride the 50 50 route with it being a novice and beginner trial..... this proved to be the wrong decision. I was shocked to find the 50 50 route realllly challenging....too challenging for the 50 50 route in a "begginers trial" in my opinion, anyone agree or disagree?

cheers :closedeyes:

Hi all,

Rode in the "novice and beginner" trial today at dovecliffe, i decided to ride the 50 50 route with it being a novice and beginner trial..... this proved to be the wrong decision. I was shocked to find the 50 50 route realllly challenging....too challenging for the 50 50 route in a "begginers trial" in my opinion, anyone agree or disagree?

cheers :closedeyes:

I rode it too and did the Easy 'Yellow' Route

Haven't ridden the bike (4RT) since July (too busy riding the roadbike and foreign touring) and I found the route challenging with some very tight bits

I used to ride a lot as a youngster and in my 20's, but only returned to trials in the last couple of years and haven't ridden much (family and other bikes :rolleyes: )

I really enjoyed the Trial though and had a mixed result, I would expect - 1st lap was poor (getting used to the bike again), 2nd and 3rd laps were really good and 4th lap, I dropped off in the last couple of sections due to fatigue

It was a big entry and great to see

Although challenging...............if you don't do harder stuff, you never get better and I saw nothing silly or dangerous

Edited by Johnnyboxer

I always thought the whole point of 50 50 was to ride yellows and then ride the "easier" of the hard sections.....i noticed at least 3 or 4 sections were the hard sections were much easier than some of the others that we rode in the 50 50.For example section ten.....near enough impossible for the lads riding the hard route to clear, never mind 50 50 riders when Section 3 on the hard route looked know were near as difficult, so why ride the hard route on section ten???? .

Just my opinion, a good day anyway.