TY 350

herman

Hi all

I have a chance to pick up an 86 TY 350 in very good shape for 600 bucks. By habit I always look into replacement parts for bikes before buying and see that piston / rings are unavailable. I can't seem to locate anything that interchanges, either. Given the few times I get to ride the odds are against ever needing one, but if so, any options? Can I swap top ends and go with TY250 parts?

Hi all

I have a chance to pick up an 86 TY 350 in very good shape for 600 bucks. By habit I always look into replacement parts for bikes before buying and see that piston / rings are unavailable. I can't seem to locate anything that interchanges, either. Given the few times I get to ride the odds are against ever needing one, but if so, any options? Can I swap top ends and go with TY250 parts?

Dude,if you don't come out and ride with me soon you just need to sell all the bikes you have :P

Danny Todd likely knows plenty about TY350s,Bill Super had one so he's up on them too.

I'd take a chance on a TY350 if I came on a $600 one in decent shape,if you decide not to go for it hook me up.

Really Man,Figure out when you can go riding and I'll show you the property and introduce you to the landowner(he rides a Gasgas enduro)We have cleared out plenty of "sections" and can built many,many more,every level of riding from beginner vintage bike level to champ class.

Been working on the house quite a bit (building a half bath and drywalling/finishing the family room) with little time to ride. Plans are to have the work done before Christmas, at least that's what I told the wife. By the way, After the burn ban was lifted Saturday, I rushed home and tirched a bunch of brush and construction debris. I laid that TY pipe and muffler in the fire and cooked it for about 3 hours. It got pretty hot and once it cooled about two large handfuls of carbon fell out of them including a couple of chunks the size of my thumb. Project TY should be ready to ride as soon as I can repaint and install the pipe. I'll let you know on the TY as I plan to lok at it maybe Tuesday night. Feet up, Doug!

Dude,if you don't come out and ride with me soon you just need to sell all the bikes you have :P

Danny Todd likely knows plenty about TY350s,Bill Super had one so he's up on them too.

I'd take a chance on a TY350 if I came on a $600 one in decent shape,if you decide not to go for it hook me up.

Really Man,Figure out when you can go riding and I'll show you the property and introduce you to the landowner(he rides a Gasgas enduro)We have cleared out plenty of "sections" and can built many,many more,every level of riding from beginner vintage bike level to champ class.