Sherco 320 Keihin pwk 28 SPS

trialsnutterman

Hi,

I'm looking for some information on the SPS so I can convert a standard 08 320 carb to the latest SPS version, I've purchased the main jet holder, needle jet, the spring and the little brass valve thing.

The main jet holder is a bigger diameter than the original so the carb will have to be machined out and re tapped does anyone know the diameter and the depth of this new hole?

The main jet no longer fits,

Thanks for the confirmation.

I've checked all the parts books available but the carb isn't shown at all.

If you don't mind could you have a look at hole in your carb where the atomiser tube screws in, I guess it is about a 7mm diameter hole by about 10mm deep, possibly with a taper to take it back to the original diameter but as I said earlier this is pure guess work.

I'd be intersted in knowing how you are getting along with this and for what reason you are doing it for...

I have a spare keihin carb set up the same as the 08 spec on my bike,,but could be tempted to do the same as you are doing if there are good results to be had...

What was the cost of parts you needed and where did you get them from ..????

Cheers mike

• 2 weeks later...

Not got much further with it to be honest, I'm a bit scared of scrapping a expensive carb, It' would be nice to see one before I modify this one.

It is suppose to remove the slight hesitation found when cracking the throttle open and from what I've heard from people it is much better.

The parts you need that are available come to £52 but you will need a new bowl drain screw and the carb modifying which won't be cheap. The parts are on SplatShop.co.uk just search for SPS

Edited by trialsnutterman