TY 175 Piston Confusion

agp244

Hi everyone i think i have read most of the threads on this site regarding TY 175 pistons some say fit this others say dont.

i have just had my 175 rebored and supplied a new piston wieseco.

the guy that did the job was Steve Riley of Piston Broke Engineering in Bristol this guy really knows what he is talking about he has a huge database on pistons so knows what will fit etc he also knows the correct tolerances to bore to this will stop that common top end TY rattle so all you people looking for TY pistons give this guy a call you wont be dissapointed bye the way a full wisecoe piston kit,small end bearing and a rebore hone for

Be careful with your engine temperature. Wiseco pistons are made of an alloy with a relatively high expansion rate compared with many other pistons. If your machinist has given the Wiseco piston a clearance significantly less than Wiseco recommend (to avoid piston rattle), it will be susceptible to seizure if the motor gets hot.

thanks for the comments regatding getting hot yes i did have the bore done tight to stop top end rattle but what else i did was to drill 2 holes in the piston in the centre line of the straps of the exhaust port this allows cool fuel mix to help keep the piston cool on the front hopefully precenting siezure

lastly i wasnt no 54 at Lansdown but i will be entering as many Bath classic club trials as poss in future i am returning to trials after an absence of 25 years i think its a mid life crisis

Edited by agp244

Keep an eye on our website; http://www.bcmcc.org/ All the 2011 dates and venues will be posted on there as soon as I can get them booked up.There are a couple of venues booked,but I'm struggling a bit to book some of the others as there is quite alot of pressure from other clubs and other uses.

Our next trial is on 5th Dec,if you'd like to come along.As for practice land at the moment I dont have any answers,but you are not the first to ask and there are several ideas to be worked through.

Andy - if you read this I still cant get logged onto the events calender,it says its logging me in,then chucks it straight back to the login page.