2007 TXT Pro 300 Fork Drain bolt wont go back in

vmeldrew

Hi

I am in the process of changing the front springs in my TXT 300 pro 2007.

Without the springs on I put the right (sitting on the bike and has a red cap) cartridge in and did up the drain bolt which I assume attaches to the cartridge, without any problem. I came to do the left side and I cannot get the bolt to locate into the cartridge. If I use a longer bolt I can get the thread started. I looked inside and there is what looks like a washer or spacer sitting in the bottom of the fork, which of course doesnt want to come out. I really dont want to be taking the forks off the bike if I can get away with it as its -3c in my garage and I was hoping to do a trial tomorrow.

Question is, do I try and get it out, or keep fiddling with the bolt? and should it actually be there?

I have looked at some exploded diagrams and none of them show a washer or spacer below the cartridge.

Cold and desperate.

Al

Yes there is a spacer in the bottom. It is probably turned upside down , remove the fork and put it back in. Hope it goes togetherso you ride tommorrow.

Lineaway

Thanks a million, that did the trick. How the hell it got turned upside down I will never know. Anyway off to load the van!

All the Best

Al