txt280 gear oil

nickjc

hi guys could you tell me how much gear oil my txt280 should take as i want to do an oil change and also what is the minimum rear tyre psi i should ride on, thanks for any help, Nick.

Nick,

What year/model TXT do you have? Do you have the older type engine or the newer Pro type engine?

Probably the minimum rear type pressure would be in the 3-4 PSI range. I run 4 rear and 6 front for most conditions.

Jon

hi jon,

its a txt 280 year 2000 thats all i know, im not sure if thats a new or old model, ive been in the woods with 10 psi in my rear tyre so its probably the reason im not getting any traction :rolleyes: its still all very new to me so im still learning.

hi jon,

its a txt 280 year 2000 thats all i know, im not sure if thats a new or old model, ive been in the woods with 10 psi in my rear tyre so its probably the reason im not getting any traction :rolleyes: its still all very new to me so im still learning.

That's a good, solid bike to learn on. I run 6 psi front and 4 psi rear as a general rule.

650-700 cc's of Dexron ATF is good in your bike. Be sure to use a new Allen wrench on the drain plug (or cut off 5mm from the tip of an old one) as stripping the aluminum plugs is common for new bike owners.

To answer your next unposted question, there are a couple of ways to get tranny oil back in the bike. One is to lay the bike on it's side, take off the clutch cover and pour the oil slowly on the clutch. The other is to make a funnel/hose arrangement that will fit in the small plug towards the top of the sidecase.

Jon