Photo tips

benwall

Hi im new to trials photography and i have already took some stunning pics on my cheap didgy camera i have just upgraded it for a digital slr does any one have any setting information for which is good for trials and does any body have aby tips on what makes a good photo.

Have a trawl back through the Trials Photography threads, there's loads of tips and suggestions in the threads already. What have you bought?? What lenses?? Built in Flash or off camera???

What makes a good image is simply down to the person looking at it, what I think is good may differ from what you think. Settings ISO 400, set your shutter priority to 1/250th of a sec and the camera will do the rest. Fill in Flash is always useful but don't think you must freeze the action, some of the best shot infer some movement, drop me a pm if you want any more info.

• 2 weeks later...

i find that if you take 'different' pictures from the norm, its alot more interesting. I sometimes lie on the ground, right close to where the front wheel is going to be, or try and get close but above your subject (not always possible, and you have to really trust your subject) As for settings, i use sports mode and leave it at that, you can follow the bike as you take the shot so the background will be blury. there is all sorts of things you can do to take good shots. But as he says, a good shot is in the eye of yourself.

happy pictures