sherco 290

thunderslug123

im goin to order some different jets,im tempted to try my gas gas 250 carb on it as its the same carb but i dont know if this would work with it being the 250,might be wrong but is`nt the shercos a 272cc anyway. thanks a lot!!

I would check the float level. I had a similar problem on my gas gas.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im goin to order some different jets,im tempted to try my gas gas 250 carb on it as its the same carb but i dont know if this would work with it being the 250,might be wrong but is`nt the shercos a 272cc anyway. thanks a lot!!

Yes, it should work well enough for a tester. Might even be closer on the proper jets, as they are set very similar it seems in most cases.

I think I need clarification on your symptoms though. Does it seem to just bog with no power(lean)or blubber as if getting too much(as in your choke on analogy)?

I've never used a 118 main in the UK, I'd personally say it's too bigger step down and could be a bit to week with one in and it might cause a lean seizure.

Sherco's from new have run a 126 main from about 2002 to 2005 and will rev out so I'd check other things first, such as the exhaust, two strokes are very dependent on the correct pressure waves from the exhaust.

If you could answer copes question on how it sounds it would tells us a lot. Another test would be to flick the choke on when your revving it to see if it helps or just makes it far worse.

Oh and if it is popping, miss firing it could be electrical.

your jet sizes are ok and you fuel mix is right.std pilot is 30 ,we change them to 33 as it idles better.try the carb of your gg and just change your main jet and use your own slide as it is .if still the same it still could be electrics. i have spare electrics you can try if you stay local to me willie.

• 3 weeks later...

your jet sizes are ok and you fuel mix is right.std pilot is 30 ,we change them to 33 as it idles better.try the carb of your gg and just change your main jet and use your own slide as it is .if still the same it still could be electrics. i have spare electrics you can try if you stay local to me willie.

Hi there,sorry for late replies,not been near a computer for a while,i,ve got the carb changed over from the gas gas ,going to take it out this weekend and try it,It starts and runs fine with the gg carb on in the garage so hopefully it works,thanks a lot about trying your electrics,i`ll let you know how i get on at weekend,im not far from you,cheers

Hi there,sorry for late replies,not been near a computer for a while,i,ve got the carb changed over from the gas gas ,going to take it out this weekend and try it,It starts and runs fine with the gg carb on in the garage so hopefully it works,thanks a lot about trying your electrics,i`ll let you know how i get on at weekend,im not far from you,cheers

hi there,had bike out with gas gas carb on it and alls well,was running perfect so definitely the carb,,just need to get some new jets and see it that fixes sherco carb!!