More problems

stilly

Out at warden law today sherco 250 never let me down till we go off to some where different typical, it stalled on me and when I started back up, all it dose is splutter even with the choke on, when on full revs no power what so ever, stripped the carb down 3 times, new plug, a lad on a scorpa said the timing could have jumped can this happen so easy, or could I have an electrical fault is there any way of testing the stator plate, any help or ideas much appreciated

It must be worth a look at the flywheel key, was it prone to stalling ? did it ever kickback? did it try to rotate rear wheel backwards when it did stall?. With a flywheel puller and air wrench it's a two minute job to get flywheel off, if it was doing any of the above it may have been too advanced just rotate the stator plate with normal rotation of the engine by 3 or 4 degrees, fit new flywheel key ..it's dead easy. If the flywheel key is good (i.e the timing hasn't slipped; the only other way it could slip would be for the stator plate to come loose!) you may need to investigate ignition electrics further. As usual please let us all know the solution when you find it.

Cheers guys I will check out all of the above and get back to yous, and yes it did kick back at me and when it started it went into reverse, ha ha didn't know I had reverse gear, lol switched it off started back up and it went forwards and dose lots of spluttering,