Leaking IRC tyres?

jes42

Has anyone had trouble with IRC tyres not staying up? A mates had one on his new beta from new and it just wont stay up. They are superbly "grippy" tyres especially in muddy conditions but are they let down by this ? I've had one and it was the same on my rev3 with rim tape but this ones just as bad on the new rim i.e. Morad or DID....

I've had one go down twice in last two trials (it stays up when you don't need it to!) As my bike was brand new and I had changed from Michelin (which I keep for other riding conditions) I put it down to tyre not seating on rim very well, however second time it went down the whole lot was covered in mud & muck and I noticed bubbles at a spoke nipple, checked/ corrected spoke tensions and am now waiting for trial test; third time lucky? (I.ve had it at 4psi for a week no change) sometimes these things are sent to try us! Certainly the IRC are more prone to coming off the rim than any other and they don't last (as) long in rocky conditions but as you say they are best in mud and roots.