TY80 RUNNING POOR

betarick

Hi all having problems with getting a ty80 to run right.it will ony start if pilot screw is all the way in or you give it choke? once you get it to run it wont idle right revs stay up and it just dies or sometimes it slowly returns to idle. so far i have fit all new jets new slide taken carb off about 20 times double checked everything and blown carb out also tried moving needle clip up and down but no difference.any help please its doing my head in. :beer:

Hi all having problems with getting a ty80 to run right.it will ony start if pilot screw is all the way in or you give it choke? once you get it to run it wont idle right revs stay up and it just dies or sometimes it slowly returns to idle. so far i have fit all new jets new slide taken carb off about 20 times double checked everything and blown carb out also tried moving needle clip up and down but no difference.any help please its doing my head in. :beer:

Crank seals the most likely culprit.

Is the crankcase seal itself ok. Certainly sounds like a lack of compression

I have sprayed all crankcase with carb cleaner while engine is runing and no difference to engine speed. crank seals are genuine yam will check compresion what sort of reading should i see.Also i have been checking plug and im getting a sooty black plug so im thinking its running too rich if i had a air leak like crank seals surely plug would show this?

Edited by betarick

Totaly rebuilt engine new seals, gaskets, split crank new rod, rebore and piston.Made sure i sealed crankcase halfs with a decent sealer as there is no gasket.Im a totaly at a loss and thinking a need a new carb as idle is all over the spot surely a air leak would not give me a sooty plug?

Edited by betarick

Totaly rebuilt engine new seals, gaskets, split crank new rod, rebore and piston.Made sure i sealed crankcase halfs with a decent sealer as there is no gasket.Im a totaly at a loss and thinking a need a new carb as idle is all over the spot surely a air leak would not give me a sooty plug?

If the only way to start it is with the pilot air screw in and the choke out it would indicate a lack of fuel from carb one way or another or too much air getting in. If its the carb then I would have thought it should be easy enough to find the problem, have you checked the float bowl level? if the level in the bowl is very low then this could be the problem.Check that the throttle slide is also bottomed out at the end of its travel,look down the carb bore to check this as its not always obvious that it is, this could give similar problems on start up.