Saggy Marzocchis

godzilla

The marzocchi's forks on my 08 SY (similar if not identical late Gasser forks) have about an inch of static sag, i seem to remember overhearing that you can bleed them, can anyone give me any advice as im not a big lover of messing with forks.

The marzocchi's forks on my 08 SY (similar if not identical late Gasser forks) have about an inch of static sag, i seem to remember overhearing that you can bleed them, can anyone give me any advice as im not a big lover of messing with forks.

This sounds Extremely Normal to me! Goo ride! :rolleyes:

This sounds Extremely Normal to me! Goo ride! :rolleyes:

They where not like this when new, they feel a bit dead, I had a go on a couple of gassers the other week both bikes had the same forks as mine but did not have the dead inch, I spoke to Nigel Birkett the other day about it an he told me how to bleed the air out, once I can get to the bike in the garage i will have a go at sorting it and let you know how I get on.

They where not like this when new, they feel a bit dead, I had a go on a couple of gassers the other week both bikes had the same forks as mine but did not have the dead inch, I spoke to Nigel Birkett the other day about it an he told me how to bleed the air out, once I can get to the bike in the garage i will have a go at sorting it and let you know how I get on.

Check the forks are not twisted in the yoke - support the bike so that the wheel is just touching the ground, loosen all the front spindle and yoke(triple tree) bolts, give the bars a good wiggle, tighten the top yoke bolts then pump the suspension, tighten the spindle bolts then the bottom yoke bolts.

Paul Mac

Edited by paulmac

Check the forks are not twisted in the yolks - support the bike so that the wheel is just touching the ground, loosen all the front spindle and yolk(triple tree) bolts, give the bars a good wiggle, tighten the top yolk bolts then pump the suspension, tighten the spindle bolts then the bottom yolk bolts.

Paul Mac

I took out the little bleed screws and the fork action was loads better, while i was there i noticed that one fork was slightly higher in the yolks than the other too, so cheers for that Paul as i probably would not have noticed. Sadly tho as i have not been on the bike since scott day the headset bearings are mega stiff, so she is off for a forks service and new bearing for 2011.

Thanks again peeps.

Edited by godzilla