Beta forks help

westygas270

Hi all Been having a problem with the forks on my 2010 evo bought it at a few months old and not until riding it noticed that on the fork that goes into your tripple clamps ( inner fork ) has a slight dent in it, can just feel it, replaced seals to see how it goes and was ok for short time now leaking badly from fork seal. Does any one know if there is anyone out there that would repair it??? Have been told liquid metal and smooth it down or even super glue drop into dent and let dry and smooth with wet and dry. Any ideas know how much the new forks are :(

You can fix it.

Get a fine (really really fine!) hone stone and gently work the sharp tops off. Work slowly.

Get some paint and dab it in the hollow. Let it dry and do it again. Let it go hard for a couple of days in a warn environment. T-Cut the paint with a one layer rag over a flat stick until all the highs are polished off.

Turn the leg in the clamp so the dent is on the inside to hide it away.

Done

I had a bike that was fine for years after this repair.

Ralphy

x2 I have polished up a few inner fork dings with good sucess using a wetstone with some oil on it.

You just have to take the high spots down so they dont tear the seal. It may "weep" a tiny bit from the low spot but you wont blow seals anymore.