Lmfao

alan bechard

Well, as things are so exciting here where I am I was wandering around a bit, and read Ron Milam's excellent suspension set up articles on the front page.

For those of you that know me a bit, you know that Doug has decided that I cannot measure (maybe he thinks I exagerate a touch) worth a flip so we came up with the "Dwight" system of measurement.

Dwight is one of our good natured riding buddies by the way, and I now must use Dwight as the standard of measuring heights of obstacles, and on occasion we use Dean my 7 year old, so now hills are described as being

"one Dwight high" or maybe "one Dwight and a Dean"

Well, I thought this was rather hilarious and funny till I was reading through one of Rons articles written quite a while ago and noticed that he used "Crawford Units" which I judge to be the same kind of thing.

So, Steve, if you are out there, I sympathize with you man! and hey, lets get together and do some 15' banks that lets see would be two Dwights or 23 CU high??????

OK so thinks are a bit slow, but I found it funny!

One of the "features" of Boston is the pranks pulled by some of the more enterprising MIT engineering students. One year back in the fifties they decided to measure the Harvard bridge (MIT guys have a real hard time calling it that) in a new unit of measure called a "Smoot". The way I've heard it a Smoot was actually a freshman who was flipped end over end to measure the bridge. Years later when his son attended MIT they "recalibrated the bridge in "New Smoots" Apparently the bridge is something like 350 Smoots and a nose.

Dan