GAS GAS TX270 for Begginer/Novice?

jimbojet

Hi Guys,

Anyone ride or rode a GASGAS TX270 (2001)?????

I'm about to buy one as my 1st bike, I've had bikes before, so not brand new to bikes - but it's been a while!

Looking for advice please on the followng points;

1.) Is this ok for a begginer/novice, or too powerful?

2.) What is the maintenance schedule for such a bike, should I be changing the oil every ride??

3.) If, in the experts opinion this bike is too powerful for a begginer, what would be a good alternative?

4.) Finally, the bike I'm about to buy is a 2001 model in good condition with light use, do you thing

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/manuals.html have a look for your bike on there it tells you what to do and when its sevice and parts manual i started on a beta rev 3 270cc and now got a gas gas txt pro 280cc and im a beginer and i find it fine its nice to have that bit of power you get used to it quick some people might say its to big but im ok with it and the price is ok have you looked around to see if there is anymore out there for that kinda price?

1.) Is this ok for a begginer/novice, or too powerful?

2.) What is the maintenance schedule for such a bike, should I be changing the oil every ride??

3.) If, in the experts opinion this bike is too powerful for a begginer, what would be a good alternative?

4.) Finally, the bike I'm about to buy is a 2001 model in good condition with light use, do you thing

Forget 250, the 270 was / is a cracking bike, I had one for 8 years.

Think I changed the oil in 99, not sure though might have dreamt that. Rock solid reliable bike.

Edited by rev3